Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Victoria? So Soon?

Travel Day

  • Vancouver, BC to Victoria, BC via Knight Street, BC Hwy 91, BC Hwy 17, BC Ferries Tsawwassen to Schwartz Bay, BC Hwy 17
Waiting at the BC Ferry Terminal in Tsawwassen. Tsawwassen is a Stolo native word meaning"white man waits in long line for big boat."

Finally the big boat arrives. My wait today is only one ferry; that means 2 hours in English.

Looking out of the ferry window to the Southern Gulf Islands. I've spent many a day here with my kids on our sailboat. It is a beautiful place to live.


Looking at Sidney Island. It's hard to see, but Sidney Spit is out there too. We've been there a lot, on board our sailboat. Now, I get to take the picture from the front of my truck.

Victoria Quintessential Shot #1 - The Empress Hotel

Victoria Quintessential Shot #2 - The BC Parliament Buildings

The best shot of all; Rose takes a picture of Grandpa while Grandpa takes a picture of Rose.

Rose and Grandpa at the totem pole alongside the Victoria Inner Harbour. Now you all know why I came here.

My daughter, Mary, with her children Rose and Quinn in the pool at my hotel. Grandpa is REQUIRED to get a hotel with a pool. He DELIVERS!!! EVERY TIME!!!

Poppa was there too. Albert looks after a very chilly Quinlann while Momma and Rose play in the pool.

THAT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, IS CUTENESS DEFINED!! Okay, perhaps I like my grandchildren just a bt.

Or perhaps this. Is this tooooooo cute? You gotta love that face!!!

Rose says "Momma, put on my shoes. It's time to go home. Grandpa is tired."


1 comment: