Sunday, May 3, 2015

A Day In Revelstoke

Travel Day

  • No travel. Spent the day exploring Revelstoke and surrounds.
The view from the hotel driveway as I headed out on my local exploration this afternoon.

This sign has called to me for years, every time I drive through Revelstoke.

Unfortunately the parkway is still closed due to winter conditions. Apparently there is a lot of snow still on the road in the high country. So, it's off to other local exploring.

First, downtown Revelstoke on a quiet Sunday afternoon. It's become a very pretty town, not at all like the rough town it was about 20 years ago.

I went up the the ski resort on Mount Revelstoke. There is no snow on the lower slopes but the view is spectacular.

Then I drove up to the Revelstoke where I found the Visitor's Centre closed. It seems to be a theme in Revelstoke at this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment