Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Day At Surftides, Lincoln City, OR

Travel Day

  • No Travel. I stayed at my hotel for the day
 I was lazy this morning, not getting out of bed until after 1:00 PM. When I finally got up, this is the view that presented itself to me from my hotel room. Nothing out there but the open Pacific, until you get to Japan.

I finally managed to have a shower and get dressed by about 4:00 PM. I went down to the beach. This is the beach edge from the hotel, looking north. There's a lot of beach out there.

This is the same position, only looking south. Again, there's a lot of beach out there.

And of course, looking straight out to Japan once again, only from the beach.

The hotel is built on pylons and bracing edges. These pylons allow for heavy seas to come up over the edge of the beach bluff without damaging the first floor of the hotel.

The concrete framing even has holes in it to allow for water to come in and then to run back to the sea.

The is the front lobby of the Surftide Motel, with a warm fire, coffee, and cookies at the ready for all guests.

I went to the restaurant next to the hotel. This was the view as I sat down for an early dinner, or very late lunch.

Just to prove it was me and I was there.

This is the Recreation Center at Surftides. The whole hotel has this kind of funky 1960's look to it. I hope they keep the look for the current renovations. It's just plain fun.

As the day waned, the sun began to set over the ocean, creating this shining sea outside my window.

This weather front set in late in the day, creating a clearing sky for sunset.

Here is that weather line looking north.

And then the sun set far out in the Pacific.

No comments:

Post a Comment