Saturday, May 23, 2015

Coeur D'Alene Rest Day

Travel Day

  • No Travel.  I took a rest day in Coeur D'Alene with a short exploration of the area.
This is my first picture of the day. For a while I thought this was as far as I might go, taking the day to sit and watch the river, the boats, the trees... a day to relax.

Eventually I got out, into my truck and into Coeur D'Alene. Sorry about the picture quality. It was a quick snap while I was stopped at the light.

Coeur D'Alene is all about the lake. Sure there are a couple of colleges and a university; sure there is a lumber industry; sure there are lots of other things. But it really is all about the lake.

Downtown Coeur D'Alene; tree lined streets, restaurants, bars and cafes on the street. It is a lovely town.

But it really is all about the lake. The temperature was 84° F today. People were out loving the sunshine.

The big deal is to take your boat from down the river, roar up to the lake, and drift downriver again. You can stop along the way at any number of swimming holes.

And if you don't have a boat, you can always suntan on the dock.

Just a reminder. There is more here than the lake. Forestry is big business here in northern Idaho.

Do you think Nenshi might let me open one of these in Calgary? After all, what could possibly go wrong with drive thru liquor?

My last picture of the day; similar to the first. I like it here.

1 comment:

  1. How long did it it take you to ride from ontario to cor'delaine. Spelling wrong i know

    ReplyDelete