Monday, May 11, 2015

Tumwater!

Travel Day

  • Vancouver, BC to Abbotsford, BC via Highway 1
  • Abbotsford, BC to Tumwater, WA via Guide Meridian Road and I-5
Heading south on I-5 out of Bellingham. The Broom is in bloom.

Seattle. Traffic stopped completely on Ship Canal Bridge, so I took the opportunity snap a quick picture.

My goal for the day was Olympia, the capital of Washington State. However I have ended up staying a bit further south in a place called Tumwater. 

I took this picture for Katherine. My plan is to have dinner here tomorrow night.

The small canal is the end of Puget Sound. The sound extends about 100 miles from Deception Pass to Olympia, but is so coved and cut that it has over 1,300 miles of coastline!

I saw this little shop on my way to the motel. Marijuana is legal here. There are lots of these little shops, all over the place. It's a regular deal now.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry that is where you ended up. Tumwater and Olympia have so much more to offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Katy, and one day I would like to explore this area. Unfortunately my Motel6 experience here is sufficiently bad as to move me on. I will be back, and next time I will get a better hotel.

      Delete