Friday, June 26, 2015

Watson To Whitehorse

Travel Day
  • Watson Lake, YT to Whitehorse, YT via YT 1 (Alaska Highway)
As we left Watson Lake, I wanted another picture of Katherine in the Sign Post Forest.

The road from Watson Lake to Whitehorse looks mostly like this, lots and lots of this.

Once again the road goes from the Yukon back into BC.

There is no Yukon sign as you come back into the Yukon. All you get as a reminder you are leaving BC.

The Yukon River as you head into Whitehorse.

Our destination for today.

The SS Klondike is moored at Whitehorse. It is an old paddle-wheeler that used to ply the Yukon River.

The view from our hotel window.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun Rick, have you been there before or is this a virgin visit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been this way before, in 2012, the summer before I was diagnosed. I bought my first cane up here in Whitehorse.

      Delete