Tuesday, June 23, 2015

On The Alaska Highway

Travel Day
  • Dawson Creek, BC to Fort Nelson, BC via BC 97 (The Alaska Highway)
Just out side of Dawson Creek there is this. I recommend everyone who comes this way take this short detour. The bridge is amazing.

This is the Kiskatinaw Bridge. The wooden roadway beams on this bridge have been steamed to curve them into the shape of the road. It is one of the few bridges in Canada, and perhaps in the world, built this way.

The wooden trestle for the bridge is a pretty cool feat of engineering too. I am sure my friend Mike George would think this thing is very interesting.

Yep, that's me. Yep, that's my truck. Yep, I was there.

Looking down into the Peace River valley. It's quite a drop down into the valley.

This is what the road looks like as you head further north towards Fort Nelson.

Three hours later, the road still looks like this. But finally we made it to Fort Nelson.


No comments:

Post a Comment